Sie sind als Unternehmen angemeldet.
Executive Chef bei Sonnenalp Hotel
Director of F&B
Herr Daniel Spingler
20 Vail Road
81657 Vai,, Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika
Deine Aufgaben als Executive Chef
"Exceptional People Creating a World Class Resort Experience"
The Executive Chef is responsible for the effective management of all kitchens at the Sonnenalp Hotel, with a strong emphasis on Alpine (German, Swiss and Austrian) Cuisine. The Executive Chef is responsible for maintaining an organized and well-staffed kitchen and stewarding department for all in-house dining establishments: Ludwigs Restaurants, The Bully Ranch, Swiss Chalet, Banquets, Pastry and Employee Dining. In addition, the Executive Chef is responsible for keeping all equipment in good repair and maintaining all standards set by the executive management team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Interview, hire, train, and manage all culinary and stewarding personnel.
- Review, evaluate and coach all kitchen personnel.
- Direct and control the day to day operation of all kitchens, ensuring a high-quality product and minimal waste.
- Preparation, design and creation of all menus, including banquets and daily specials.
- Assist with the organization of food festivals and special culinary events.
- Proper preparation and presentation of all food items in all restaurants.
- Maintain the cleanliness and good working order of all kitchens, refrigerators and storage areas.
- Set-up of hot and cold buffets including decorations in the restaurants, banquet facilities, and outside catering.
- Maintain strict quality control on all food items.
- Keep an adequate food inventory in all kitchens to insure an efficient operation.
- Maintain the set standard at the employee cafeteria and ensure that healthy and attractive employee meals are prepared daily.
- Ensure high level productivity and efficiency of the kitchen staff, schedule all kitchen employees according to business forecast and maintain a labor cost as set in the budget.
- Keep the food cost in line with the budget.
- Review and approve all daily store requisitions.
- Prepare the daily market list and work closely with the Purchasing Manager on all food orders.
- Guide the Sous Chefs in training the Line Cooks and to help out on the line as needed.
- Prepare, together with the Director of Food and Beverage, the yearly food revenue, food cost and labor cost budgets and submit these for approval.
- Propose food prices and new revenue ideas to the Director of Food and Beverage.
- Ensure that all kitchen/steward personnel conform to the established safety and health standards and codes as required by law.
- Evaluate products to assure that quality, price and related goods are consistently met.
- Develop policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality; continually updates written policies and procedures to reflect state-of-the-art techniques, equipment and terminology.
- Establish and maintain a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
- Provide training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff.
- Ensures that representatives from the kitchen attend service lineups and meetings.
- Periodically visits dining area when it is open to welcome members.
- Support safe work habits and a safe working environment at all times.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Must have obtained basic chef training known as "cook apprenticeship" in Europe, or a BA degree in culinary arts from a US College or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of on-the-job culinary experience, of which at least 4 years are in the capacity of Executive Chef
- Due to the very European Restaurants style portrayed, 5 years of European culinary experience preferred, preferably in the Alpine region (Germany, France, Austria or Switzerland)
- Experience as Executive Chef in an international hotel chain preferred
- Must be fluent in English
- Spanish, German, or French language fluency desired
- Must have experience with Alpine (German, Swiss or Austrian) Cuisine
- Must be skilled in the use of kitchen equipment
- Ability to interact positively with supervisor, management, coworkers, members, and the public to promote a team effort and maintain a positive and professional approach.
- Ability to produce a high volume of work in a timely manner, which is accurate, complete, and of high quality
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs.
Essential Physical Requirements
- Regularly required to talk and hear
- Able to stand and walk for up to 10 hours
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop kneel, or crouch
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
|Dienstort:||20 Vail Road, 81657 Vai,, Colorado, Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika (Google Maps)|
Über Sonnenalp Hotel
The Sonnenalp Hotel is one of the Leading Hotels of the World, recognized for service excellence, community contributions, Green leadership, and a diverse and welcoming staff. Our 4th generation family-owned Bavarian style hotel has been THE place to stay in Vail for the past 35 years. Join our...Mehr zu Sonnenalp Hotel