Sie sind als Unternehmen angemeldet.
Pâtissier/Bäcker/Konditor bei Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi
Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi
Herr Marius Ackermann
00800 Nairobi, Kenia
Deine Aufgaben als Pâtissier/Bäcker/Konditor
Reporting to the Executive Chef, the Pastry Chef's main function is to plan, organize, control and direct the work of employees responsible for the preparation and presentation of a broad array of cakes, pastries, desserts, petits fours and breads which meet customer expectations.
Villa Rosa Kempinski
Villa Rosa Kempinski is a Five Star luxury hotel situated on Chiromo Road, the hotel is just a 5-minute drive to the city center, and 20 km from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. The hotel boasts of 200 stylishly-designed and tastefully-decorated rooms and suites spread on 10 floors, 5 themed restaurants, varied conference rooms plus Kempinski The Spa
• Supervise eight employees in the Pastry/Bakery kitchen
• Create new pastry and dessert menus for all restaurant outlets and banquets, conduct tastings and presentations with photos and costing
• Assist the Executive Chef in establishing culinary standards specific for Pastry/Bakery which meets the need of the target market
• Develop and maintain up-dated operations manuals for all food production and Stewarding sections and make recipes and maintain up- dated and accurate costing of all Pastry dishes prepared and sold in the Food and Beverage operation
• Supervise the Pastry kitchen staff in the preparation and presentation of all food items in accordance with the hotel’s food and beverage standards and standardized menu guidelines
• Inspect several times daily all food stores and refrigerated areas and suggest, where necessary, correct storage methods to comply with Health & Safety regulations, to avoid spoilage and ensure regular turnover of food items and give completed check lists to the Executive Chef
• Liaise with the Chief Steward in order to ensure high standards of cleanliness are maintained in all areas of the Pastry/Bakery kitchen, such as machinery and small kitchen equipment
• Plan the duty rosters on weekly basis
• Ensure training needs analysis of the pastry staff is carried out and training programmes are designed and implemented to meet the needs
• Control and monitor departmental costs on an ongoing basis to ensure performance against budget
• Provide input for probation and formal performance appraisal discussions in line with company guidelines.
• Comply with all Kempinski company policies.
• Demonstrate Awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines.
• Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly.
• Any other duties that may be delegated by the management through the Executive Chef
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
• High School or secondary diploma required
• Gastronomic education certificate or equivalent
• Minimum 8 years kitchen experience
• Minimum 6 years in a pastry kitchen role
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Knowledgeable of food safety regulations
• Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
• Able to work in a fast paced environment and can multitask
• Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure
|Dienstort:||Chiromo Road, 00800 Nairobi, Kenia (Google Maps)|
Über Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi
Villa Rosa Kempinski
Villa Rosa Kempinski is a Five Star luxury hotel situated on Chiromo Road, the hotel is just a 5-minute drive to the city center, and 20 km from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport. The hotel boasts of 200 stylishly-designed and tastefully-decorated rooms and suites spread on 10...Mehr zu Villa Rosa Kempinski Nairobi