Sie sind als Unternehmen angemeldet.
Director of Food & Beverage
F&B Director/Manager bei Sonnenalp Hotel
Herr Paul Alter
20 Vail Road
81657 Vai,, Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika
Deine Aufgaben als F&B Director/Manager
What are we looking for?
"Exceptional People Creating a World Class Resort Experience"
We offer positions for Q1 visa candidates ONLY.
- The Q1 positions are 15 months in length and are available to candidates from Germany, Austria or Switzerland only.
Primary Purpose of Position
Directs the activities of all food and beverage outlets, culinary and stewarding department, to include Ludwig's, Room Service, Bully Ranch, Swiss Chalet, King's Club, Banquets, Cantina Alpina, and Pastry Kitchen. Accountable for budgeting, financial performance, service and quality standards, as well as the overall performance of all above listed departments. Ensure guest satisfaction in the areas of responsibility as measured by guest feedback and observation by the owner and general manager. Assure a highly trained and motivated team of managers and employees at all times. Meet financial performance goals as dictated by the budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs and controls operations to assure compliance with Sonnenalp service standards at all times and strives for continuous improvement of these standards.
- Coordinates all activities related to other departments to assure consistent and efficient performance of the food and beverage department.
- Hires, trains, coaches, and develops all restaurant managers, executive chef and sous-chefs.
- Supervises the F&B training program.
- Assures proper functioning of the point of sales system and coordinates with the systems department of its maintenance and periodic upgrades.
- In conjunction with Sommelier, selects all wine for purchase and creates wine list for all F&B outlets.
- Writes and sets prices, in conjunction with the executive chef, for all menus.
- Prepares and submits the F&B budget to the General Manager for approval.
- Participates in the Sonnenalp Leadership Team to develop and execute business strategy.
- Accomplishes food and beverage services human resource strategies by determining accountabilities; communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures; implementing recruitment, selection, orientation, training, coaching, counseling, disciplinary, and communication programs; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; reviewing compensation strategies.
- Maintains food and beverage ambiance and service by instilling a "guest service" and a "can do" attitude among staff; coaching employees how to de-escalate conflicts.
- Directs food and beverage services organizational strategies by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to functional strategic thinking and direction.
- Directs food and beverage services operational strategies by analyzing trends; preparing critical measurements; developing the food and beverage business plan; addressing customers, profits, associates, and markets with the hotel/resort/conference center strategic business team; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Implements food and beverage financial strategies by anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; developing budgets and capital expenditure plans; developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
- Develops and maintains customer base by designing and placing advertisements; maintaining relationships with tourism, convention, and conference developers; inviting local, regional, and national food editors to review food and beverage services and suggesting food and beverage feature ideas.
- Approves menus by consulting with executive chefs, beverage managers, room service managers and banquet operations managers; reviewing potential food and beverage menus; evaluating past popularity of menu options and availability of seasonal food ingredients and wines; anticipating food and beverage consumption and estimating cost of ingredients; minimizing waste; approving orders with suppliers; monitoring the evaluation of the quality of meats, poultry, fish, fruits, vegetables, baked goods, wines and spirits and other beverages.
- Controls food and beverage service supplies by meeting with sales representatives; negotiating prices and contracts; developing preferred supplier lists; reviewing and evaluating usage reports; analyzing variances; taking corrective actions.
- Keeps food and beverage service equipment operating by enforcing adherence to operating instructions; evaluating the troubleshooting of breakdowns; analyzing equipment supplies and expense; monitoring the performance of preventive maintenance; researching, evaluating, and purchasing new equipment.
- Maintains safe, secure, legal, and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation and quality of food and beverage preparation and service standards and procedures; monitoring conformance to the regulations of the alcoholic beverage commission; enforcing sanitation and legal regulations of all kitchens, bars, and service areas.
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Maintains customer satisfaction by investigating and resolving complaints about food and beverage quality and/or service.
- Updates job knowledge by creating state-of-the art food and beverage service practices in the organization; providing leadership in educational and professional organizations; being sought as a subject-matter expert; tracking and understanding emerging food and beverage services practices and standards; contributing to professional publications; maintaining personal networks with food and beverage services leader.
- Ensures F&B staff consistently adheres to LHW standards.
- Conducts MOD shifts and other duties as assigned.
- College Degree required, preferably in Hospitality or Restaurant Management
- Minimum 2 years' experience in Food & Beverage at Director level in a Luxury Hotel/Resort
- Must have experience in leading a busy/highvolume Banquet operation
- Must have prior experience in overseeing multiple restaurant outlets
Desired Special Skills/Equipment
- Expert level budgeting skills/ P&L
- Advanced Culinary knowledge (domestic & international)
- Knowledge of European service standards
- Knowledge of POS and Open Table
- Proficient computer skills, to include MS Office
- Fluent in English; German and/or Spanish helpful
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must have demonstrated leadership abilities
- Ability to train and coach; refined people skills
- Hands on approach
- Extremely detail oriented
Essential Physical Requirements
- Work is performed primarily indoors, in a fine dining restaurant and office setting
- Manager will be required to work a flexible schedule to include evenings, holidays and weekends
- Must be able to stand and walk between outlets
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English through hearing, reading, writing, speaking
- Ability to lift 50 lbs or more on occasion
We are looking for outstanding staff to create an exceptional guest experience. If you are looking to work and live in America, with our European culture and beautiful mountain valley, we could be the perfect place for you to call home.
- Paid visa fees
- Flight credit
- Cultural Experience allowance of $900
- Hotel & Resort Discounts
- Ski pass discount
- Housing provided
- ....and much more!
We are currently accepting Q1 (15 months) visa applicants from Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
Apply by sending an email with your application documents (in English) to: email@example.com
|Dienstort:||20 Vail Road, 81657 Vai,, Colorado, Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika (Google Maps)|
|Bezahlung:||lt. Kollektivvertrag, Bereitschaft zur Überzahlung|
Über Sonnenalp Hotel
The Sonnenalp Hotel is one of the Leading Hotels of the World, recognized for service excellence, community contributions, Green leadership, and a diverse and welcoming staff. Our 4th generation family-owned Bavarian style hotel has been THE place to stay in Vail for the past 35 years. Join our...Mehr zu Sonnenalp Hotel